Fintech at Alliance Manchester Business School
The University of Manchester has ambitious plans for the development of fintech. Not only does it play a significant role in driving the evolving FinTech sector in Manchester and the North West, it is also set to become an international powerhouse for fintech research and teaching.
This is following a transformative £2.5million donation from Greensill. This leading British fintech company was founded by Lex Greensill, who is also an Alliance Manchester Business School MBA alumnus.
The donation will enable the University to drive the fintech agenda. We have appointed a new Chair in Fintech, Professor Markos Zachariadis, and we are recruiting now for a number of key academic posts.
We're looking for outstanding candidates with a strong academic background, who are comfortable engaging with the University's vibrant interdisciplinary fintech community. You will join experts working across all aspects of fintech - from the more technical computer science and mathematics to social sciences, business and regulatory law. Join us to push the boundaries of the fintech industry globally.
Fintech in Greater Manchester
Greater Manchester is one of Europe’s leading digital and technology clusters. It is home to more fintech start-ups and scale-ups than any other UK region outside London. [Source of all stats: Greater Manchester FinTech Ecosystem Report 2020]
The fastest growing tech city in Europe in 2019
More ecommerce unicorns than any city in Europe
Highest percentage of B2C fintech companies in the UK (outside London)
Fintech at The University of Manchester
The University has been growing its activity in fintech over the past two years and is looking to scale-up significantly. Since 2017, the University has:
- Established a partnership with fintech north
- Created an internal multidisciplinary academic network
- Hosted two “innovation lab” events to develop collaborative projects with industry partners
- Attended various regional, national and international conferences to gain insight into developments in the sector and identify potential new partnerships for collaboration
- Built relationships with the local business ‘eco-system’ and with international businesses with interests in the field to align interests and develop new opportunities for R&D collaborations.
- Hosted the Manchester event of the fintech north conference series (the city’s only major fintech conference)
"At Alliance Manchester Business School, we’re on a dual mission. We are developing cutting-edge research to support the fintech revolution. We are also dedicated to educating the next generation of analysts, managers, stakeholders, regulators, investors, and entrepreneurs."
Thursday, April 2, 2020
A new report from Whitecap Consulting, supported by Alliance Manchester Business School, has found Greater Manchester is home to a thriving and growing FinTech sector, which (outside London) is the largest regional FinTech ecosystem in England. >>
Take the next steps
Be part of our future in fintech