Online & Blended Learning Courses
Are you a busy professional looking to develop new skills and knowledge while you continue to work full-time? With our online & blended learning courses, you can study alongside your professional and personal commitments.
What is blended learning?
Blended learning (also known as distance learning or online learning) is an increasingly popular delivery mode. This study format combines e-learning with on-campus workshops (typically two or three per year), making it an ideal choice for busy lives.
What is online learning?
Online learning is a type of distance learning where you study and interact with academics and others on the programme almost entirely online. Utilising a virtual learning environment, online learning enables a convenient and flexible approach to study.
Who are online and blended learning courses for?
If you want to study at a highly-ranked business school without putting your career on hold, online and blended courses could be for you. These degrees are ideal for busy professionals who want to study at their own pace and those who cannot study full-time for financial reasons.
What are the advantages of a blended learning approach?
Online and blended learning courses enable you to study alongside your job. You don't need to put your career on hold and you can study many elements at a time and place that is suitable for you.
What does a typical blended learning course look like?
At Alliance Manchester Business School, our blended learning courses include a mix of online learning and experiential workshops.
- Bespoke e-learning hub developed by Alliance Manchester Business School’s in-house technologists
- Scenario-based online teaching
- Online study materials
- Discussion boards
- Online resources eg handbooks, timetables and reading lists
- Quizzes and assignments
- Student support area
- Face-to-face teaching at experiential workshop residentials two/three times a year (depending on the course)
- Workshops take place in Manchester and/or our global locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and the USA (MBA courses only)
- Teaching focuses on ‘action learning’, so you will apply what you have learned to real-life business scenarios and group assignments
- Collaborate with talented, like-minded professionals
- Network with peers from different countries and industries
- Take time out from your day-to-day responsibilities and focus
How are online and blended learning courses assessed?
Typically, there are no exams or dissertations and assessment is continuous through a mix of assignments and group projects.
Who will teach me?
Alliance Manchester Business School’s world-renowned academics develop the curriculum and course materials. Our team is based in Manchester and travels the world to teach at workshops. So, wherever you are based, you can receive a University of Manchester education.
Reasons to study with Alliance MBS
Workshops in Manchester and our global locations
Over 25 years' experience supporting students through part-time Master's degrees
Study at a triple-accredited business school – wherever you are in the world
Joint courses with our business school partners