Becoming an innovative organisation doesn’t happen overnight, and for creative ideas to be implemented effectively, they need to be embraced by your entire organisation.
On this course, you will learn the tools, frameworks, and processes needed to encourage and implement innovation, build strong foundations for the future, and stand out from the crowd.
Alongside expert guidance from Professor Silvia Massini, you will learn how to screen for the strongest concepts that maximises your organisation’s competitive edge.
- Appreciate the difference between change and innovation
- Understand how to manage innovation in an organisational context and why it matters
- Discover different pathways towards innovation
- Developing an innovation strategy
- Strategies for dealing with uncertainty, including collaborating with others
- Discover how digital platforms are transforming organisations
- Learn about tools to support implementing innovation
- Explore how to develop innovation in practice
- Understand business and technological innovation needs for strategic planning
- Learn how to use innovation to develop new products, services, and processes
- Examine how to create and capture the value of innovation
- Understand design thinking and business models for innovation
There will be a networking drinks reception on evening one where you will get to know your course colleagues. There will also be a course dinner on evening three, offering the opportunity for your class to come together with a wider cohort of short-course learners to expand your networking opportunities.
Delivered face-to-face at Alliance Manchester Business School’s Executive Education centre, this course puts you, your experience, and your organisation at the centre of your learning journey.
By arriving prepared with a specific innovation related problem you’d like to solve within your workplace, you will explore different solution pathways and complete the course with a fresh perspective and appliable strategies to implement straight away.
Throughout the course, you will hear from leading industry experts, network with a variety of like-minded business leaders as well as working with other delegates to explore new ways of tackling your organisation’s unique innovation challenges.
During your time at AMBS, you will gain several stand-out learning experiences, including:
Applied Learning - A learning environment created by the course facilitator that draws on the experience and input of your course peers.
Knowledge Transfer - A steady stream of feedback from participating peers with diverse business backgrounds to help build your leadership skills.
Reflection - A rare time-out to contemplate your own leadership capabilities and challenges while engaging with our world-class faculty.
Network Expansion - An expanding professional network drawn from your peers.
Personal Growth - An expanding self-awareness of your own leadership competencies and how they can be honed.
Behavioural Change - An adoption of new rationales and mindsets that improve your managerial skills.
- Understand how to effectively foster innovation to maximise value and impact
- Learn about new business models and the platforms that are transforming them
- Adopt a refreshed mindset and embrace entrepreneurial thinking when tackling challenges with your organisation
- Gain expert insights through real-world case studies and industry speakers
- Become a member of the AMBS Executive Education Network and benefit from top-class speaker events, regular updates and networking opportunities with like-minded professionals
- Introduce changes into your organisation that improve its competitive edge
- Develop a portfolio of innovation projects that enhance the success of your organisation
- Establish a collaborative culture which champions creative ideas and encourages outside-the-box thinking
- Reflect critically on your organisation’s performance and identify where innovation strategies can be applied
- Steer your organisation away from inertia and towards profit-making initiatives
Delegates attending this course should have a senior level strategic responsibilities within their role or be working as a functional manager to oversee specific product groups or services.
To get the most value from this course, delegates should be in the position to make changes to culture and process to implement their learnings.
Professor Silvia Massini, former Head of the Innovation Management and Policy division, has extensive experience researching and teaching on the topics of managing innovation processes, emerging digital technologies and their impact on innovation.
Silvia’s main research interests include the emergence, adoption and diffusion of digital technologies and their impact on innovation processes and strategies. She also has expertise in the development of organisational routines and their absorptive capacity for innovation.
Upon successful completion of this short business course, participants will be awarded the Manchester Professional Certificate in Leading and Implementing Innovation.
You will also receive a digital Manchester Professional Certificate in Leading and Implementing Innovation from Accredible, in the form of an online certificate and badge which can be displayed on LinkedIn profiles and represents completion and participation in the course.
You can choose to curate your own curriculum by attending any four courses from our extensive portfolio. On completion of the four courses of your choice, you will be awarded the Manchester Professional Diploma in Leadership.
Speak to a team member
If you have any questions or would like to chat to us about this course and how it could benefit you, please get in touch with the course advisor.
Featured blogs and news
How women in leadership can drive business performance
Thursday, September 7, 2023 | CommentaryRead more
Jane Crombleholme appointed first Independent Chair of Manchester Football Association
Thursday, September 7, 2023 | NewsRead more
Five benefits of professional development for business leaders
Saturday, September 2, 2023 | CommentaryRead more
New AMBS partnership to empower not-for-profit leaders to drive change
Thursday, August 17, 2023 | NewsRead more