New Research Group launched at AMBS: Research into the transformative potential of digital technologies
The Digital Transformation Research Group is a cross-division research group based in Alliance Manchester Business School with links to other Schools across The University of Manchester.
The group’s research concentrates around research themes that are driven by the transformative potential of digital technologies including mobile apps and digital platforms, artificial intelligence systems, blockchain and new financial technologies, the Internet of Things, cloud infrastructures and many more.
The focus on the transformative potential of digital technologies is aligned with the University of Manchester’s Digital Futures initiative to engage in emerging research areas and to support Greater Manchester's ambitions to become a leading digital city.
The Digital Transformation Research Group at AMBS is privileged to host academic experts presenting their latest research on digital transformation and related topics. Upcoming and past seminars appear below.
PhD workshops are run in joint by external academic experts and the academics affiliated with the Digital Transformation Research Group. The aim of these PhD workshops is to engage our PhD students on a number of academic practices, from applying different methodologies, writing papers for journals, presenting at conferences, reviewing and giving feedback to colleagues and applying for academic jobs. Forthcoming workshops appear below.
Research Highlights & News of our Members
- “Explainable AI Models through Immersive 3D Visualisation Environments” – with Panos Constantinides, Nikolay Mehandjiev and Tiantian Xian (PhD student)
- “Buy Now Pay Later in the UK: Current and emergent digital vulnerabilities” – with Tahir Abbas Syed
Talks & Panel Discussions
- Presentation by Nadia Papamichail on “Explanatory Tools for Probabilistic Graphical Models”, ‘Presenting the Turing Fellow Research Projects’, Turing event series, 29th June 2021, The Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (IDSAI), The Alan Turing Institute
- Panel discussion with Panos Constantinides on “Platforms & Digital Markets Regulation: In Search of New Principles”, Copenhagen Business School & Facebook (Digital Market Competition Forum Initiative, December 4, 2020
- Panel discussion with Panos Constantinides on “Platforms, Ecosystems and Innovation”, Strategic Management Society (SMS 2020), 40th Annual Meeting, October 26-30