Alliance Manchester Business School and The Girls Network will host an Inspiring Women’s Conference for Levenshulme and Whalley Range High School students later this month.
Students will spend their afternoon at Alliance Manchester Business School hearing from a panel of influential local business women, gaining invaluable advice and insight through inspirational life stories. They’ll also have the chance to attend interactive workshops covering creative problem solving, personal branding and communications, and advice on what to do next and how to follow your dreams.
The event is part of Alliance MBS’ ongoing Business Class partnership with Business in the Community and is underpinned by our commitment to social responsibility. The Girls Network inspires and empowers girls from the least advantaged communities by connecting them with a mentor and a network of professional female role models.
Panellists and speakers include:
- Alison Loveday, Partner and Chief Executive, berg
- Louise Thompson, Director, KPMG
- Sandra Cox, Partner, KPMG
- Damaris Albarran, Corporate Banker, MBA Class of 1984 and Alliance MBS Advisory Board Member
- Jennifer Halliday, CFO, USS Pension Scheme
- Sally Penni QC, Barrister at Kenworthy’s Chambers
- Judge Rebecca Howard, Diversity & Community Relations Judge
- Qudsia Karim, Impact International
- Cheryl Latham, founder of Brighter World and MBA Class of 2016
- Dr Mark Batey, Senior Lecturer in Organisational Psychology, Alliance MBS
- Kate McNamee, Head of Global Marketing & Communications, Alliance MBS
- Alliance MBS Women in Business Club