Here we look at publications that will assist Recovery and Renewal from COVID-19 to build Resilience.
3. This document of written evidence identifies a number of challenges faced by the UK in preparation for a pandemic, including logistics, guidance and funding. Insights were collated from interviews with people with expertise in emergency planning from the government and the NHS.
4. Duncan Shaw and David Powell examine The Emergencies Partnership which offers a unique proposition – to bring together like-minded organisations and represent a sector’s support to major emergencies.
5. Written evidence to the House of Lords committee focusing on the benefits of increasing public involvement in emergency planning and the role of exercising to test risk preparedness, and addresses lessons learnt from COVID-19 for approaches to risk planning and risk assessment.
6. There is the recent House of Lords video on Parliament TV focused on Risk Communications at which Duncan Shaw gave evidence.
7. We were spotlighted in the UoM magazine discussing how communities are a local asset for resilience.