Manchester Business School’s BSc Information Technology Management for Business (ITMB)students competed in seven competitions at the recent ITMB North event, organised by e-skills UK.
The teams of MBS students competed against 250 of their peers from across 18 UK universities, winning four first prizes and one second place.
The students were coached by lecturer in service systems and digital business, Ali Owrak, with support from ITMB graduate, Tim Skelley, who both delivered extra sessions and advice in the lead up to the event.
Ali said: “This is a fantastic achievement by our ITMB students given the number of universities who participated in the event. Our students worked tirelessly in preparing for the event which was adjudicated by 40 big employers from across the UK.”
• ITMB First Year Project: First place (Nikita Anosov, Courtney Fairclough, Oliver Lamont, Torin Mitchell, and Arvind Kumar Balachand)
• National ITMB Student of the Day: Courtney Fairclough
• Proctor & Gamble Power of Minds Award: Callum Deakin
• Tweet of the Day: Rejoice Ojiaku (tweet: Life is a story and I’m so happy that ITMB will have its own chapter in mine!)
• ITMB Second Year Project: Second place (Liliana Tite, Callum Deakin, Nwando Okwusogu, Matthew Navin and Daniel Ireson)