It has almost been half a year since the start of my course at AMBS. As a postgraduate student at AMBS, I have experienced and enjoyed every day on the campus.
Moreover, the role of Student Ambassador has made me go around the University of Manchester to cover some of the day events on the social pages.
Thereby, I would like to share a few of the best things about being on campus:
- The University of Manchester has various libraries and study spaces for the students. The library at AMBS, called Eddie Davis Library is especially for the students of Alliance Manchester Business School. It provides us with the best study spaces with an excellent view of the campus. I always prefer to study there as it has all the required study materials available for my course. It also provides us with the space to do group discussions and assignments.
- The Eddie Davis Library consists of the Finance Zone for the students and staff of Alliance Manchester Business School. They consist of Bloomberg, DataStream and SDC Platinum. During my course, I got an opportunity to learn and have access to Bloomberg there.
- The Alan Gilbert Learning Commons provides study spaces to the students that are available all days of the week for 24 hours. It is the best place to catch up with your studies during the weekends. It has all the facilities available where you can sit for long hours and study.
- Along with career support service for all the students of the University of Manchester, there is a separate Postgraduate Career team for Business School students. They provide support for making CVs, preparing for interviews and updates about the latest job openings by regular mail. They often organise in-person networking events at the Hive which has always been a great opportunity for me to learn from the experiences of my peers.
- The cafes inside the campus offer delicious food. AMBS has two cafes inside the building- Cafe 65 and The Hive. There are also various cafes in every school and study space areas that offer ‘grab and go’ food during the tightly packed study schedule. University place provides a variety of food for all the students from different nationalities. In addition, it is the best place to have your lunch during the day.
These are the few things that I love about being on the campus. Moreover, you will have the best time on the campus, as there is one or other happening thing every day. The University of Manchester is a mini-metropolis where multicultural communities come together to study and relax. Therefore, the campus offers excellent facilities and is the heart of one of the UK’s best student cities.