- You need a degree in accounting or overseas equivalent. Excellent results in accounting subjects are preferable, although a relevant and advanced UK professional accounting qualification (or overseas equivalent) will also be considered
- We also consider applicants studying degrees in business administration, business management or commerce or economics. Due to competition for places, we give preference to applicants with an undergraduate degree in accounting
- You need to demonstrate a very strong background in accounting throughout your degree, and a final year major or specialisation in accounting will also be considered.
A GMAT/GRE is not required to apply for this course but in some cases The Admissions Team may request this after the initial review of your application if your degree does not contain enough relevant quantitative modules.
Masters (MSc) in Accounting
Develop advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice.
Boost your career prospects by developing an advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice, and prepare for a leading role in the accountancy profession.
The course is linked to The Manchester Accounting and Finance Group – one of the leading accounting and finance units in Europe, and Alliance MBS is ranked 20th in the world for Accounting and Finance research according to the 2018 QS World Rankings.
Find out more about studying Accounting and Finance at Alliance MBS >>
MSc Accounting / Overview
Year of entry: 2023
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Master of Science (MSc)
- 1 year
- Entry requirements
We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- How to apply
NOTE: There is a non-refundable application fee of £60. You should be prompted to pay this within the application portal before you can submit your application. We cannot consider applications until you have paid the application fee.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Boost your career prospects by developing an advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of accounting as well as your critical thinking.
- Be introduced to different aspects of accounting research, and provided guidance in conducting the research.
Meet us at an event
Meet us at an event to find out more about our master's degree courses.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2023, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK students (per annum): £20,500
International, including EU, students (per annum): £33,500
Further information for EU students can be found on our dedicated EU page.
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
Due to the competition for places and limited availability, this course requires a deposit of £2,000 to cover non-recoverable costs and secure your place. The deposit will be deducted from your tuition fees when you register on the course.
The deposit is non-refundable, except in the following situations:
- you fail to meet the conditions of your offer (see below for further information); and/or
- you are refused a visa or entry clearance to enter the UK (proof must be submitted)
If an offer has been made specifying an English Language condition which you do not meet, the Admissions Team will require the official certificate of an English Language test taken after the date of offer as evidence that you have attempted to meet your offer conditions for a refund to be approved. The English Language test certificate provided with your application documents will not be accepted as proof that you have attempted to meet your offer conditions as such a certificate will predate the offer.
If an offer has been made specifying an academic condition, the Admissions Team will require the official university documentation showing that you have not met this academic condition from the institution at which you have studied, as evidence for a refund to be approved.
The Admissions Team reserves the right to refuse to refund of any deposit that does not meet with the requirements outlined above.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
Contact us for further information about the new Accounting and Finance scholarship for UK/EU students and other scholarships available.
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Contact name
- Master's Admissions Office
Alliance Manchester Business School was established in 1965 as one of the UK's first two business schools. Today, we are the UK's largest campus-based business and management school, and 'Original Thinking Applied' is at the heart of everything we do. Find out more .