Part-time Master's Degrees
Are you a busy professional looking to develop new skills and knowledge while you continue to work full-time? With our part-time Masters degrees, you can study alongside your professional and personal commitments.
What is blended learning?
Blended learning (also known as distance learning or online learning) is an increasingly popular delivery mode for part-time Masters degrees. This study format combines e-learning with on-campus workshops (typically two or three per year), making it an ideal choice for busy lives.
Who should study a part-time Masters degree?
If you are looking to study at a a highly-ranked business school without putting your career on hold, a distance learning Masters degree could be for you. Part-time Masters degrees are ideal for busy professionals who want to study at their own pace, as well as those who are unable to study full-time for financial reasons.
What does a typical blended learning Masters degree look like?
At Alliance Manchester Business School, our distance learning Masters degrees include a mix of online learning and experiential workshops.
- Bespoke e-learning hub developed by Alliance Manchester Business School’s in-house technologists
- Scenario-based online teaching
- Online study materials
- Discussion boards
- Online resources eg handbooks, timetables and reading lists
- Quizzes and assignments
- Student support area
- Face-to-face teaching at experiential workshop residentials two/three times a year (depending on the course)
- Workshops take place Manchester and/or our global locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and the USA (MBA courses only)
- Teaching focuses on ‘action learning’, so you will apply what you have learned to real-life business scenarios and group assignments
- Collaborate with talented, likeminded professionals
- Network with peers from different countries and industries
- Take time out from your day-to-day responsibilities and focus
How is a blended learning Masters assessed?
Typically, there are no exams or dissertations and assessment is continuous through a mix of assignments and group projects.
Who will teach me?
The curriculum and course materials are developed by Alliance Manchester Business School’s world-renowned academics. Our team is based in Manchester and travels the world to teach at workshops. So, wherever you are based, you can receive a University of Manchester education.
Workshops in Manchester and our global locations
Over 25 years' experience supporting students through part-time Master's degrees
Study at a triple-accredited business school – wherever you are in the world
Joint courses with our business school partners: Kelley, FGV and Tongji