Alliance Manchester Business School’s Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship (SLMDA) programme, MSc Management Practice, is to become the basis for a series of short form books commissioned by Routledge, Management Practice Essentials.
The book series, and the SLMDA that it supports, is aimed at post-experience adults, many of whom could be classified as accidental managers – that is, individuals who have been promoted to leadership positions within an organisation based on their professional or functional capability, yet without any formal management qualifications.
The series is centred around critical reflection of the underlying assumptions an individual might make and their current practice. The aim is for the individual to examine their thoughts (understanding), behaviours and actions (skills) linked to the SLMDA standard.
Dr David Lowe, Programme Director, MSc Management Practice and Series Editor commented, “This is a great opportunity for AMBS academics involved in the MSc Management Practice to build on the success of our apprenticeship programme. The critical reflection focus of this series is a real point of difference to much of the material currently available.”
The commissioned books are:
- Reflexive Leadership in Context (Author: Dr Paul Evans) – Published July 2020.
- Market-led Strategy (Author: Irene Roele) – Published July 2020.
- Measuring Business Value (Author: Dr Julian Jones) – Published October 2020.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Author: Dr Mike Kennard) – – Published October 2020.
- Strategic Commercial Management (Author: Dr David Lowe) – Published January 2021.
- Managing Projects (Authors: Dr Alec Waterworth & Dr Carl Gavin) – Published January 2021.
- The Andragogy of Management Practice (Authors: Dr David Lowe, Dr Paul Evans and Irene Roele) – Publication date TBC.
The series will be published both online and in hard copy.