Are you a social scientist with an innovative research idea that could be developed into a business or social enterprise?
We are delighted to invite you to apply to the ARC Accelerator - a comprehensive entrepreneurial skills training programme. Launching on Monday, 18 January 2021, this first-of-its-kind opportunity is specifically designed to help turn your bright idea into a business or venture to help people, society, the environment, or the economy. You will also have the chance to win up to £50,000 to support your proposed venture.
Through the ARC Accelerator (formally known as SUCCESS) we aim to showcase how research commercialisation - in particular creating ventures - can be a bold new path to enable social scientists to translate their research into solving social problems or driving economic growth. Just as the STEM world is increasingly realising the value of ventures to scale up the impact of research, we believe the ARC Accelerator will catalyse a new era of research-backed ventures from social scientists, driving innovation across social, economic and business problems.
The programme is open to all Social Science Researchers employed by The University of Manchester.
The ARC Accelerator is a 6-month programme and successful applicants will benefit from:
- A half-day Business Canvas support session to explore and build on their idea
- A virtual boot-camp spread over 3 weeks led by industry experts to develop key entrepreneurial skills
- Specialised, sector-specific training, access to experts who have been there before, access to investors and access to key networks
- Dedicated mentorship support to help validate your idea, develop the business model, and support your pitch for funding or investment
- Access to business and investor networks across UKHE
- The programme concludes with a chance to pitch for up to £50,000 in prize money. (June 2021)
Sound tempting? Register on Eventbrite for our informative event on Thursday, 5 November to find out more about the ARC Accelerator and the support you can receive prior to submitting an application.
The deadline for entries is Friday, 4 December.
ARC is part of ASPECT - a Research England funded project developing a growing network of organisations working together to support innovation, entrepreneurship, and research commercialisation in social sciences.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: ARC Accelerator.