Enactus is an international non-profit organization that encourages student entrepreneurship with a truly social purpose. Manchester Enterprise Centre is a proud supporter of the Enactus Manchester team. The team has received numerous awards and grants over the years for its enterprise projects in Greater Manchester and around the world.
Enactus Manchester currently operates five social enterprises:
- Speak Up — a project which works in five schools across Greater Manchester to teach migrant parents how to speak English so they can support their children and assimilate into the community.
- Next Step — a project aimed at tackling homelessness in Manchester by providing beneficiaries with practical skills and soft skills with the aim of making them more employable.
- Blossom — a project aimed at helping refugees in Manchester by working with them to set up online businesses to sell their artwork/textiles.
- EmpowerMEal — a project aimed at helping women in areas around The University of Manchester by setting up businesses which enable them to sell meals to students.
- Innovation team — A team whose sole mission consists of creating new projects from scratch, innovating social businesses with local and international reach.
Enterprise lecturer Matt McCaffrey, who serves as the University adviser to the team: "Enactus is one of the most committed and engaged student groups in the University, and we are proud to support their mission to use enterprise to improve the lives of some of Greater Manchester's most disadvantaged people."