Vital Topics: Cyber Security 5 dominating trends
Our Vital Topics debate on Cyber Security made for sobering reflection as our panel warned of the ever-increasing dangers of attacks.
- Event Time
- 9 Mar 20:00 - 9 Mar 22:00
- Event Location
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Event Type
Can you trust your digital footprint anymore? In recent times, high profile email hacks have ruptured reputations and caused tremors which have, without exaggeration, altered the course of history.
Whether it’s the breaches which caused a huge dent in the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton, or the revelations made around the inner workings of David Beckham plc, cyber security failings are having a massive impact on the world around us, putting the topic into sharp scrutiny.
Alliance Manchester Business School has gathered a top panel of cyber security experts who’ll be discussing the dominating trends within the subject, providing a crucial insight into what must be done to tackle cyber security both now and in the future.
Lorenzo Grespan of Pentest Limited will show in a “live hacking” demo how an attacker can affect a business by altering prices, access intellectual property and taking control of a business-critical system.
- Dr Daniel Dresner, Lecturer on Information and cyber security and governance at the University of Manchester
- Noel Hannan BSc MSc CISSP VR Cyber and Digital Innovation Lead, GoSecure UK
- Aaron Miller, Systems Engineering Manager at global security specialist Palo Alto Networks
- Martin Tyley, Partner and Head of Cyber Security UK at KPMG
- Carolyn Harrison, Marketing Director, BeCyberSure
- Katherine Kearns, Executive Principal Consultant, NCC Group
The debate will be facilitated by Rod Clayton, Executive Vice President and Co-lead, Global Issues and Crisis at Weber Shandwick
5.45pm-6.30pm: Registration and drinks reception
6.30pm-7.50pm: Panel debate followed by audience Q&A
There is no charge to attend but places are limited.
Supported by Interface and KPMG
Aug 13, 2020 | Online
Aug 19, 2020 | Online
Sep 21, 2020 | Online
Oct 7, 2020 | Online
Oct 20, 2020 | Online
Nov 25, 2020 | Online