Productivity, public services and well-being
In this webinar we look at challenges to public services and how we need to adapt as a country to drive productivity and improve well-being during the recovery.
- Event Time
- 11 Jun 12:00 - 11 Jun 13:00
- Event Location
- Event Type
Public services in the UK have faced unprecedented challenges over the past decade which the COVID-19 pandemic is intensifying. Already under pressure budgets are being stretched further and the introduction of new technologies and services models is being accelerated to meet the demands of the new normal.
This presents an opportunity for a fresh look at productivity in public services – how we measure and value it, how it links to productivity in the private sector and broader concepts of well-being, and what innovative practices and policy interventions we can adopt in public services to support increased national prosperity.
In this webinar we discuss these issues and how we need to adapt as a country to drive productivity and improve well-being during the recovery.
- Professor Diane Coyle, co-director Bennett Institute for Public Policy, University of Cambridge
- Dr Elvira Uyarra, Reader in Innovation Policy and Strategy at Alliance Manchester Business School
- Professor Andy Westwood, Vice Dean for Social Responsibility in the Faculty of Humanities and Professor of Government Practice, University of Manchester
- Donna Hall, Chair of the New Local Government Network and Honorary Professor of Politics
Jul 13, 2020 | Online
Jul 14, 2020 | Online
Jul 22, 2020 | Online
Jul 29, 2020 |
Aug 12, 2020 | Online
Sep 21, 2020 | Online
Oct 20, 2020 | Online
Nov 25, 2020 | Online