Productivity, public services and well-being
In this webinar we look at challenges to public services and how we need to adapt as a country to drive productivity and improve well-being during the recovery.
- Event Time
- 11 Jun 12:00 - 11 Jun 13:00
- Event Location
- Event Type
Public services in the UK have faced unprecedented challenges over the past decade which the COVID-19 pandemic is intensifying. Already under pressure budgets are being stretched further and the introduction of new technologies and services models is being accelerated to meet the demands of the new normal.
This presents an opportunity for a fresh look at productivity in public services – how we measure and value it, how it links to productivity in the private sector and broader concepts of well-being, and what innovative practices and policy interventions we can adopt in public services to support increased national prosperity.
In this webinar we discuss these issues and how we need to adapt as a country to drive productivity and improve well-being during the recovery.
- Professor Diane Coyle, co-director Bennett Institute for Public Policy, University of Cambridge
- Dr Elvira Uyarra, Reader in Innovation Policy and Strategy at Alliance Manchester Business School
- Professor Andy Westwood, Vice Dean for Social Responsibility in the Faculty of Humanities and Professor of Government Practice, University of Manchester
- Donna Hall, Chair of the New Local Government Network and Honorary Professor of Politics
Feb 9, 2023 | Alliance Manchester Business School
Feb 9, 2023 | Alliance Manchester Business School (online also available)
Feb 21, 2023 | Online
Mar 1, 2023 | Alliance Manchester Business School (online also available)
Mar 20, 2023 | Whitworth Hall, The University of Manchester
Apr 27, 2023 | Alliance Manchester Business School (online also available)
Aug 22, 2023 | Alliance Manchester Business School, Booth Street West, Manchester, M15 6PB