Productivity Dynamics in Times of Crisis and Recovery
In this webinar we discuss how COVID-19 is impacting productivity today, and how government, business and workforce needs to adapt in order to drive productivity during the recovery.
- Event Time
- 4 Jun 12:00 - 4 Jun 13:00
- Event Location
- Event Type
The COVID-19 pandemic intensifies the UK’s existing productivity challenges. It will affect the scope to mobilise human capital, and drive innovation and digital transformation. And it will accentuate the many dimensions of disparity and inequality between firms, sectors, geographies and individuals.
However, this major dislocation also presents an opportunity for innovative practices and policy interventions that can shape a future based on a broad understanding of national progress. In this webinar we discuss how COVID-19 is impacting productivity today, and how government, business and workforce needs to adapt in order to drive productivity during the recovery.
- Bart Van Ark, Honorary Professor at Alliance Manchester Business School and Executive Vice President and Global Chief Economist of The Conference Board (moderator).
- Tera Allas, Director of Research and Economics, McKinsey’s United Kingdom and Ireland Office.
- Alan Harding, Chief Economic Adviser at Greater Manchester Combined Authority; Visiting Professor at Alliance Manchester Business School.
- Vicky Pryce, Chief economic adviser and board member, Cebr.
- Anthony Venables, BP Professor of Economics; Director, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource-Rich Economies (OXCARRE).
Nov 3, 2020 |
Nov 11, 2020 | Online
Nov 12, 2020 | Online
Nov 17, 2020 |
Nov 26, 2020 | Online
Dec 2, 2020 | Online
Dec 9, 2020 | Online
Jan 20, 2021 | Online
Feb 3, 2021 | Online
Feb 10, 2021 | Online