Launch of the Centre for Financial Technology (FinTech) Studies
Join us at this special event to launch the Centre for Financial Technology (FinTech) Studies at Alliance Manchester Business School.
- Event Time
- 23 Nov 14:00 - 23 Nov 17:00
- Event Location
- Alliance Manchester Business School (online also available)
- Event Type
Hear from members of the new Centre for Financial Technology (FinTech) Studies at Alliance Manchester Business School and an expert panel at this special event.
The Centre will create meaningful synergies and research collaborations between the University and financial institutions, technology firms and regulators, that will push the boundaries of research and knowledge dissemination in the financial services sector.
Our primary aim is to create a platform that will facilitate a two-way dialogue between academia and practice in order to pursue high-quality and inter-disciplinary research in the field of financial technology. Bringing scholars from various fields across the University together, we will make relevant academic research known to practitioners and translate findings to financial services and the FinTech industry as a whole. In bringing academia and industry together, we aim to develop practical solutions to the needs and challenges faced by the financial technology industry in order to make a tangible impact.
- Pavle Avramovic, Manager, Emerging Tech & Research Digital & Intelligence Division, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Lindsay Taylor, Head of Data and Technology Insight, Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
- Professor Markos Zachariadis, Professor and Chair in Financial Technology (FinTech) & Information Systems, Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS)
- Dr Mayur Joshi, Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Financial Technologies (FinTech) and Information Systems, at the Management Sciences and Marketing Division, Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS)
- Dr Aseem Pahuja, Lecturer in Financial Technology, Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS)
- Dr Efthymios Rizopoulos, Research Associate, Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS)
- Dr Lavinia Rognone, Research Associate, Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS)
- Dr Sarah Zhang, Lecturer in Finance, Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS)
The event will be followed by refreshments and networking for those attending in person at AMBS.
Oct 3, 2023 | Online
Oct 5, 2023 | Online
Oct 10, 2023 | NEC, Pendigo Way, Marston Green, Birmingham B40 1NT
Oct 12, 2023 | Online
Nov 1, 2023 | Alliance Manchester Business School (in-person only)
Nov 8, 2023 | Manchester Central, Windmill Street, Manchester, M2 3GX