In this blog, I thought I would give tips on how to adapt to learning in these unprecedented times.
COVID-19 has affected everyone in one way or another, so I thought it would be useful to give a step by step guide on how to keep on top of university work during this unforeseeable time.
- As much as possible, during the week, try to keep to a normal routine. If on a Monday morning you start university at 10am, make sure you get up and log on to the online lectures. It may be tempting to get up later and watch a lecture at another time but you will feel more productive if you get up at normal times.
- Make sure you listen to the online lectures – the university has put in place loads of online learning resources. Make sure you make good use of these to help with your essays.
- Take breaks – Whilst stuck in lockdown, it can be tempting to work all day to cure your boredom. However, it is important to try and do other things that you enjoy. For example, going for a walk or doing some online exercise work outs. This will make you feel more refreshed and you will be more productive in doing your work.
- Keep in touch with family and friends through face time or calling them. It is good to speak to people and keep communicating. My family have downloaded an app called ‘house party’. We can all join and play virtual quizzes online together.
- As exams have all now changed to open book assessments this year. Try to plan these answers beforehand by doing wider reading so that you do not become stuck during exam period
- Talk to university staff if you have any problems – they will always be happy to assist you. They try their best to help students to sort out any problems.
- Finally, stay safe! Whilst this is a challenging time for all of us, better times are to come. We shall look forward to these times.