Find out more about our globally recognised group
Who we are:
- The Business and Human Rights Catalyst is an initiative funded by Alliance Manchester Business School at The University of Manchester.
- It is among very few programmes worldwide on business and human rights hosted by a business school.
- Its main scope is to serve as a safe space for interdisciplinary discussions about the role of the private sector for fundamental rights, both for academic and non-academic actors.
- The initiative is led by Professor Ken McPhail, Associate Dean for Social Responsibility, Faculty of Humanities.
What we do:
- Define the challenges of the business responsibility to respect human rights
- Engage key actors in informed and action-oriented discussion
- Inform the academic, social and political debate
- Shape future policy and corporate practice
- Impact the realization of rights
Themes of research:
- Modern-day slavery
- Refugee crisis
- Gender equality in global value chains
- ICT-related rights
Dr. Lara Bianchi