Having an efficient, effective supply chain can provide businesses with key opportunities to obtain competitive advantages.
From assisting businesses to save money, to reducing processing times and improving delivery times, there are a variety of benefits to improving even just one element of your supply chain.
This course is designed to address inefficiencies within your supply chain to help you create and implement agile strategies that can help elevate your customer’s experience.
From fast fashion to the automotive industry, supply chains make the world go round. Over the course of four days, you’ll delve into a toolbox of frameworks and techniques, and by the end of the course you’ll leave with the knowledge to manage your supply chain with increased efficiency, flexibility and resiliency, and reduced waste.
- Discover the most important tools and frameworks associated with improving a business’s supply chain
- Outline the reason why businesses should focus their efforts on developing their suppliers
- Reflect on your own supplier base and understand the barriers to supplier development
- Discover the techniques to improve your supply chain agility alongside industry best-practices
- Understand the most important tools and frameworks to implement to achieve flexibility within your supply chain
- Devise a strategy to enhance the agility of the products you manufacture
- Identify how supply chain efficiency can be achieved, and the circumstances where efficiency should be favoured over agility
- Create a plan to reduce your organisation’s inefficiencies by focusing on the elimination of waste
- Analyse real-world case studies to learn from best-practice examples of how efficiency can be completed
- Explore circular economies, understanding how manufacturers can profit from them as well as the barriers they can create
- Evaluate the attractiveness of circular economies and when, and when not to engage with them
- Experiment with the practicalities of a circular economy, and present your findings to the group
There will be a networking drinks reception on evening one where you will get to know your course colleagues. There will also be a course dinner on evening three, offering the opportunity for your class to come together with a wider cohort of short-course learners to expand your networking opportunities.
The knowledge gained throughout this course is used by industry leaders from all over the world, helping them to make better decisions and meet strategic goals.
Throughout the course, you will hear from leading industry experts, network with a variety of business leaders and work with other delegates to apply core aspects of the course to your organisation.
During your time on this course, you will gain several stand-out learning experiences, including:
Applied Learning – A learning environment created by the course facilitator that draws on the experience and input of your course peers.
Knowledge Transfer – A steady stream of feedback from participating peers with diverse business backgrounds to help build your leadership skills.
Reflection – A rare time-out to contemplate your own leadership capabilities and challenges while engaging with our world-class faculty.
Network Expansion – An expanding professional network drawn from your peers.
Personal Growth – An expanding self-awareness of your own leadership competencies and how they can be honed.
Behavioural Change – An adoption of new rationales and mindsets that improve your managerial skills.
- Gain a toolbox of skills and techniques to embed into your organisation that will help you implement real, positive change
- Learn from best-practice examples of how leading businesses have built an agile supply chain
- Further your understanding of developing your supplier base to get the most out of it
- Recognise the key roles played by supply chains in creating innovative business models
- Become a member of the AMBS Executive Education Network and benefit from top-class speaker events, regular updates, and networking opportunities with like-minded professionals
- Bring new ideas back to your organisation of how to increase the efficiency of your supply chain
- Share the knowledge to successfully create circular supply chains within your organisation
- Implement state-of-the-art supply chain techniques into your organisation, used by world-leading organisations
- Apply tried and tested methods within your organisation to decrease supply chain costs
- Devise new operational strategies to help improve quality, reduce waste and enhance resilience within your organisation’s supply chain
This course has been created for senior business professionals who are looking to optimise and redesign their supply chain management skills. Delegates should contribute or be responsible for the supply chain decision-making process within their organisation.
Joao Quariguasi Frota Net, Professor in Operations Management has gained a variety of experience teaching executive education internationally, including in Brazil, The Netherlands and United Arab Emirates.
Over the past decade, Joao has dedicated a large proportion of time to studying sustainable, closed loop and socially responsible supply chains.
He has also had his work published in numerous leading European and American Journals in the fields of Operations Management, Operations Research, and Industrial Ecology.
Upon successful completion of this short business course, participants will be awarded the Manchester Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Management.
You will also receive a digital Manchester Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Management from Accredible, in the form of an online certificate and badge which can be displayed on LinkedIn profiles and represents completion and participation in the course.
You can choose to curate your own curriculum by attending any four courses from our extensive portfolio. On completion of the four courses of your choice, you will be awarded the Manchester Professional Diploma in Leadership.
Speak to a team member
If you have any questions or would like to chat to us about this course and how it could benefit you, please get in touch with the course advisor.
Featured blogs and news
How women in leadership can drive business performance
Thursday, September 7, 2023 | CommentaryRead more
Jane Crombleholme appointed first Independent Chair of Manchester Football Association
Thursday, September 7, 2023 | NewsRead more
Five benefits of professional development for business leaders
Saturday, September 2, 2023 | CommentaryRead more
New AMBS partnership to empower not-for-profit leaders to drive change
Thursday, August 17, 2023 | NewsRead more