Data Science for Business Decision Making
Discover the importance of using data to inform your decision making
There’s never been a more critical time for business professionals to possess the data science knowledge needed to take their organisation to the next level.
Uniquely designed for executives and managers with no previous data science background, this course will provide you with the skills to navigate data-based decisions, implement organisation-wide data-driven initiatives and tackle your organisation’s key challenges.
Data-focused projects are constantly evolving and becoming more prominent in almost every industry, so by acquiring the skills needed to make data-informed decisions, you can help to put your organisation in the most advantageous position.
- 7 weeks, 4-6 hours per week
- 15 May 2023
During this 7-week online course, you’ll learn through a variety of learning methods including hands-on programming demonstrations, pre-recorded video lectures, live seminars, group discussions and an end of course assessment.
This course has been built with busy business professionals in mind, so the modules will be available to complete when it suits you best. Whether you choose to fit your learning in before work, on your lunch break, or on your commute, this course has the flexibility to fit around your work and life schedule.
The course topics include:
- An introduction to data science and foundational analysis methods
- How advanced data visualisations can be used to persuade and influence stakeholders
- Characteristics and quality of predictive models, and how they can inform business decisions
- Making predictions by classifying outcomes
- The differences between supervised and unsupervised learning
- The importance of language analysis and using data to extract meaning from text
- Bite-sized learning
- Mobile learning app
- Dedicated programme team
- Peer learning and feedback
- Expand your knowledge of basic data analysis and R programming language
- Use data knowledge to predict future outcomes and mitigate risk using classification tools
- Build the confidence required to perform successfully in a data-driven business environment
- Connect with business professionals to gain insight from a large breadth of sectors and industries
- Discover how industry leading organisations have applied data science effectively to achieve business success, and apply their learnings to your organisation
- Become a member of the AMBS Executive Education Network and benefit from networking opportunities and bespoke events alongside other industry experts
- Improve your expertise of data-driven decision making and share your knowledge with your organisation
- Strengthen your relationship with data teams, clients and partners by using data visualisation tools to communicate effectively
- Identify, recommend and apply data informed solutions to your organisation’s unique challenges
This course is not necessarily for data scientists. It has been designed for mid-senior functional managers, consultants and analysts from a wide range of industries that implement data widely such as:
No coding or programming experience is required to take part in this course.
Doctor Panagiotis Sarantopoulos is a Lecturer in Marketing at Alliance Manchester Business School and has accumulated many years of experience researching and teaching in the areas of market research and analytics.
His work has appeared in various elite world journals, such as the Journal of Marketing Research and the Journal of Business Research, and has received recognition in the form of best paper awards and funding from Fortune 500 companies. Prior to his academic post, he has worked as a data scientist internationally in Greece, Spain and Sweden.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a Manchester Professional Certificate in Data Science for Business Decision Making.
You will also receive a digital Manchester Professional Certificate in Data Science for Business Decision Making from Accredible, in the form of an online certificate and badge which can be displayed on LinkedIn profiles and represents completion and participation in the course.
Speak to a team member
If you have any questions or would like to chat to us about this course and how it could benefit you, please get in touch with the course advisor.