The Manchester Global Part-time MBA Degree
Are you looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this flexible part-time MBA degree.
You can study this international MBA from anywhere in the world while you work full-time. This means you can apply the skills and knowledge you learn immediately to solve your business challenges.
The Manchester Global Part-time MBA is for professionals from all industries with at least three years of experience and strong career progression. You will graduate with the same MBA qualification as candidates who study the Manchester MBA full-time in Manchester.
What is 'blended learning'? Blended learning is a type of distance learning that combines online teaching with face-to-face workshop residencies. The workshops are a great opportunity to learn and network with talented peers from all industry sectors.
What will I learn? You will study core business and management courses and take on two challenging business projects. You’ll also choose specialist electives in areas that interest you. To help you grow your global network, you can attend workshops at our overseas locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore.
Where can we take you?
Global Part-time MBA course content
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international experience.
- Attend workshop residentials at a choice of 6 global locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore. We also deliver workshops in additional locations, currently Tokyo.
- Learn alongside high-achieving executives from 90 countries and diverse professional backgrounds
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two (Alliance MBS will provide six nights’ accommodation in two locations). 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas during the programme.
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business
- Learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
- Wherever you choose to attend workshops, you will receive the same world-class teaching. Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres.
- If your career takes you overseas, you can continue your MBA without interruption by taking workshops at a different centre.
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Global MBA (2 years): £31,000
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £28,500
The above fees relate to the UK centre (students from the UK, North America, South America, Europe and Africa).
We encourage our Global MBA candidates to attend workshops for elective courses overseas to enhance their learning experience. We will provide six nights of accommodation in two of our global locations.
Early application discounts
- Apply by Thursday 24 March and receive a 7.5% discount on fees
- Apply by Thursday 28 April and receive a 5% discount on fees
University of Manchester Alumni Bursary
If you have successfully graduated from a degree at the University of Manchester or UMIST, you can receive an alumni loyalty bursary, which is a 20% discount on the tuition fees that you are personally funding.
Many companies sponsor employees on the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a meeting or call with your HR department to talk through the programme. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
Global MBA blogs & news
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Thursday, August 12, 2021
Thursday, July 8, 2021
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Thursday, May 6, 2021
Thursday, March 25, 2021
Monday, February 15, 2021
Thursday, February 11, 2021