The Manchester Global Part-time MBA Degree
Are you an ambitious executive looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this flexible part-time MBA degree.
The Manchester Global Part-time MBA is designed for experienced professionals from all industries. This international MBA is taught through blended learning, so you can learn while you continue to work full-time. This means you can apply the skills and knowledge you learn immediately to solve your business challenges.
Next early application deadline 6th April – apply today for a 7.5% tuition fee discount
What is blended learning? With this part-time MBA, you can learn at your own pace from anywhere in the world. This distance learning format combines online teaching with face-to-face workshop residentials three times a year. The workshops are a great opportunity to learn from talented peers from all industry sectors.
You will learn about core business and management courses and take on two challenging business projects. You’ll also choose specialist electives in areas that interest you. To help you grow your global network, you can attend workshops at our overseas locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore.
Where can we take you?
Top 10 UK School (FT 2019)
global workshop locations
nationalities studying globally
Global Part-time MBA course content
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international experience.
- Attend workshop residentials at a choice of 6 global locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore. We also deliver workshops in additional locations, currently Tokyo.
- Learn alongside high-achieving executives from 90 countries and diverse professional backgrounds
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two (Alliance MBS pays for six nights’ accommodation in two locations). 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas during the programme.
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business
- Learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
- Wherever you choose to attend workshops, you will receive the same world-class teaching. Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres.
- If your career takes you overseas, you can continue your MBA without interruption by taking workshops at a different centre.
"The diversity is the best part of the programme. The networking experience with people from all over the world was fabulous."
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Global MBA (2 years): £30,000
- Global Accelerated MBA (18 months): £30,000
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £27,500
The above fees relate to the UK centre (students from the UK, North America, Europe and Africa). If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, Australasia or South America, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre to discuss fees and workshop dates in your region: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore
Early application discounts
Early application discount deadline 1: 6th April 2020 (7.5% discount)
Early application discount deadline 2: 27th April 2020 (5% discount)
Please note that these discounts do not apply to UK students applying via the apprenticeship levy scheme.
University of Manchester Alumni Bursary (20% discount)
If you have successfully graduated from a degree at the University of Manchester or UMIST, you can receive an alumni loyalty bursary, which is a 20% discount on the tuition fees that you are personally funding.
Many companies sponsor employees on the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a meeting or call with your HR department to talk through the programme. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
The Apprenticeship Levy
- The University of Manchester is an ESFA approved provider of the apprenticeship scheme for levy paying employers.
- The Global MBA Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship is currently available only for employees of organisations who are paying into the levy.
The Apprenticeship Levy is a UK tax on employers which can be used to fund apprenticeship training. In the current tax year it is payable by all employers with an annual pay bill of more than £3 million at a rate of 0.5% of their total pay bill.
Employers and students at participating organisations will be able to contribute £18,000 from their levy 'pot' towards the Global MBA fees.
Please contact us for further information: email@example.com or +44 161 275 7212
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
Take the next steps
Monday, February 3, 2020
This January, we held a welcome event for the newest Manchester Global Part-time MBA candidates at the University of Manchester China Centre. They are ready to embark on their career transformation on this global programme. >>
Thursday, December 12, 2019
The University of Manchester China Centre won the "2019 Influential MBA Program" award for its well-known Manchester Global MBA programme, and Ms. Sherry Fu, University of Manchester China Centre Director won "2019 Education Industry Influential Role Model" award, which was the only overseas award-winning institution. >>