The Manchester Global Part-time MBA Degree
Are you an ambitious executive looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this flexible part-time MBA degree.
The Manchester Global Part-time MBA is for experienced professionals from all industries. You can study this international MBA while you continue to work full-time anywhere in the world. This means you can apply the skills and knowledge you learn immediately to solve your business challenges.
Due to Covid-19 there are some changes to the delivery of semester 1 for the July intake. View July 2020 options >>
Apply by 28 May to get a 5% discount on fees
Want to know more? Join our Online MBA Masterclass (28 May, 12:30pm)
What is 'blended learning'? Blended learning is a type of distance learning that combines online teaching with face-to-face workshop residencies. The workshops are a great opportunity to learn and network with talented peers from all industry sectors.
What will I learn? You will study core business and management courses and take on two challenging business projects. You’ll also choose specialist electives in areas that interest you. To help you grow your global network, you can attend workshops at our overseas locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore.
Where can we take you?
Top 5 UK School (FT 2020)
global workshop locations
nationalities studying globally
Global Part-time MBA course content
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international experience.
- Attend workshop residentials at a choice of 6 global locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore. We also deliver workshops in additional locations, currently Tokyo.
- Learn alongside high-achieving executives from 90 countries and diverse professional backgrounds
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two (Alliance MBS pays for six nights’ accommodation in two locations). 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas during the programme.
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business
- Learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
- Wherever you choose to attend workshops, you will receive the same world-class teaching. Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres.
- If your career takes you overseas, you can continue your MBA without interruption by taking workshops at a different centre.
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Global MBA (2 years): £30,000
- Global Accelerated MBA (18 months): £30,000
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £27,500
The above fees relate to the UK centre (students from the UK, North America, Europe and Africa). If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, Australasia or South America, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre to discuss fees and workshop dates in your region: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore
Early application discounts
Early application discount deadline 1: 6th April 2020 (7.5% discount)
Early application discount deadline 2: 28th May 2020 (5% discount)
Please note that these discounts do not apply to UK students applying via the apprenticeship levy scheme.
University of Manchester Alumni Bursary (20% discount)
If you have successfully graduated from a degree at the University of Manchester or UMIST, you can receive an alumni loyalty bursary, which is a 20% discount on the tuition fees that you are personally funding.
Many companies sponsor employees on the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a meeting or call with your HR department to talk through the programme. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
The Apprenticeship Levy
- The University of Manchester is an ESFA approved provider of the apprenticeship scheme for levy paying employers.
- The Global MBA Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship is currently available only for employees of organisations who are paying into the levy.
The Apprenticeship Levy is a UK tax on employers which can be used to fund apprenticeship training. In the current tax year it is payable by all employers with an annual pay bill of more than £3 million at a rate of 0.5% of their total pay bill.
Employers and students at participating organisations will be able to contribute £18,000 from their levy 'pot' towards the Global MBA fees.
Please contact us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 161 275 7212
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
Ana Paula Vitelli appointed as the first female President at the British Chamber of Commerce in Brazil for the term 2020 - 2022
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Ana’s appointment as President is a recognition of the high level of commitment she has been placing with the local British community in relation to The University of Manchester’s activities in the region. >>
Thursday, April 2, 2020
We understand that our applicants and offer-holders will have concerns about the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. We are following the advice from Universities UK, Public Health England and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, ensuring the welfare of our students and staff is our absolute priority. We have taken the action to temporarily move our teaching online and to close all non-essential areas of our campus. >>
Monday, February 3, 2020
This January, we held a welcome event for the newest Manchester Global Part-time MBA candidates at the University of Manchester China Centre. They are ready to embark on their career transformation on this global programme. >>