MBA Programmes & Masters Degrees in Shanghai
Located at the heart of Shanghai, our China Centre was established in 2008 and is one of our largest overseas centres.
Blended-learning executive programmes and short courses
Supports executives and alumni from across China
China and Manchester have enjoyed strong links for several decades and Alliance MBS was the first UK business school to open a dedicated executive centre in Shanghai. The Centre attracts China's most talented business people to study its growing portfolio of executive programmes.
- Located on Nanjing Road West, one of Shanghai's most famous streets
- The Centre has longstanding research and teaching partnerships with Chinese institutions such as Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Tongji University and Renmin School of Business
- In 2018, the China Centre was named a 'Distinguished Brand of Business Education' by Tencent Education
- The Manchester Global MBA was voted the ‘The Most Innovative MBA’ by The Best Education of China from 2016 to 2018
- For the past three years, the China Centre has received the Tenent Education 'Most Valued Business School' award
- The Centre has an active Corporate Social Responsibility Programme, with activities such as the Bright Eye Project and Egg Walkathon campaign
- In 2017, 'Manchester Cloud (Mcloud)' was officially launched, affiliated to the China Centre and the Manchester-China Forum. Mcloud links Chinese and British government organisations and Sino-UK talents in the fields of business, culture, art, education and science.
- The region has eight different alumni clubs tailored for various industries including healthcare, marketing, telecommunications and entrepreneurship
China Centre programmes
Global Part-time MBA
Two-year part-time blended learning MBA for executives from across China. Includes workshop residencies for core courses at our China centre; for elective courses you can travel to any global centre. Accelerated 18-month options available for senior and finance professionals. Discover more about the Global Part-time MBA >>
MSc Financial Management
Kelley-Manchester Global MBA
Two-year part-time blended learning MBA, delivered in partnership with the Kelley School of Business, Indiana, USA. Includes orientation week in the USA and workshop residencies at any of our global centres, including Shanghai. Discover more about the Kelley-Manchester Global MBA >>
Tongji-Manchester Global MBA
2.5 year part-time, blended-learning MBA delivered in partnership with Tongji University School of Economics and Management. The programme equips business leaders with a global perspective plus in-depth knowledge of project management tools and techniques. Discover more about the Tongji-Manchester Global MBA >>
Strategic Talent Partnerships
Partner with us to access over 50 years of experience and expertise that spans multiple sectors. We collaborate closely with our partners to develop and implement bespoke packages to suit individual requirements. Our experts can help you:
- Develop employees that think differently
- Recruit the brightest talent
- Address a specific business challenge
- Transform working practices
- Motivate employees
- Boost performance
China Centre Strategic Talent Partners
- Chongqing Industrial Park
- Chongqing Talent Market
- FESCO Adecco
- Zhongrong International
From courses to consultancy, we offer a range of programmes and services which can be tailored to meet your needs. Click an option below to explore and find out more:
- Executive Education: Short courses for executives that develop skills in a specific area, such as leadership or strategy.
- Executive Education customised programmes: Tailored training solutions, co-created with clients, which draw on relevant expertise from across the School and the wider University to address specific organisational development requirements.
- Sponsored MBA: Sponsor individual employees on our Global Part-time MBA programme.
- Customised MBA: Design a corporate MBA for a closed cohort of employees.
- Postgraduate Careers Service: Recruit the brightest business graduates from our MSc and MBA programmes for a full-time role or internship.
- MBA consultancy projects: Hire an international group of Full-time MBA students as external consultants to solve a live business challenge.
- Sponsorship and partnerships: Associate your brand with a prestigious business school by sponsoring one of our corporate events or a student competition.
Full-time MBA Shanghai Study Tour
One-week study tour for our Full-time MBA candidates who travel from Manchester to attend a three-day workshop on international business alongside more experienced Global MBA candidates. The study tour also includes company visits and networking opportunities. Discover more about the Manchester Full-time MBA >>
China Centre success stories
Sharon Du, HR Director, AstraZeneca China Operations
"I decided to do an MBA because after so many years in a management position, I wanted to refresh and recharge my management knowledge. I wanted to broaden my network to know more people from different industries, and I also wanted to set a good example of continuous improvement to my son.
I chose AMBS because it offers interactive workshops, impressive professors and a very diverse network, as well as overseas study. I leveraged this study opportunity and stayed in the UK for three months. Apart from studying, I went on several visits to Astra Zeneca facilities in Europe and did an exciting talent project in our Commercial International Region.
In the workshops, I had the opportunity to meet people from different industries and cultural backgrounds, so the group study was very exciting. We had different discussions and perspectives but still we collaborated well.
I definitely think the MBA study benefitted me at work. Although I did not change my job or company, I have a broader view and I think more strategically, so I can really formulate and drive the people strategy for the business.
I think AMBS is a very good choice because it has a comprehensive and established MBA programme strong academic capabilities and diverse alumni accumulated over the years. The study centres all over the world are also very attractive."
Jiawei Sun, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, Huawei Technologies
Global MBA 2014
“During my MBA I progressed from senior manager at an SME to vice president at an MNC. The programme opened my eyes to different ways of doing business and I gained new perspectives on myself and the global business world. I also built up systematic knowledge of business management and a wide personal and professional network. Studying the Global Part-time MBA at Alliance MBS is a really good investment.”
Seamon Shi, Founder & CEO, IntraMirror
Global MBA Finance 2014
“With more than enough choice for customers, the global giants have to adapt to survive. Chinese consumer culture is very different to the western market. Companies need to be localised and quick decisions need to be made in China. You can’t wait two weeks for the headquarters in Europe to approve them. I believe that my MBA has helped give me that competitive advantage.
“My MBA gave me a wider vision of how business works – it upgraded me to the next level. Chinese education relies on listening in class every day with a test at the end to see what you have learned, but the Manchester MBA model of utilising your free time to study is more interesting, inspiring and motivating.”
"I am extremely proud of the success we've achieved since we opened our doors in Shanghai 13 years ago. We have worked hard to develop partnerships with highly-regarded Chinese institutions and corporates. We have an ever-growing network of alumni in the China region and continue to attract China's best students to study with us here in Shanghai."