MBA Programmes & Masters Degrees in Shanghai
Located at the heart of Shanghai, our China Centre was established in 2008 and is one of our largest overseas centres.
Global MBA students across China
Blended-learning executive programmes and short courses
Supports executives and alumni from across China
China and Manchester have enjoyed strong links for several decades and Alliance MBS was the first UK business school to open a dedicated executive centre in Shanghai. The Centre attracts China's most talented business people to study its growing portfolio of executive programmes.
- Located in L’avenue, one of Shanghai's most famous landmark buildings
- A pioneer in The University of Manchester's expansion, the Centre is continually developing online/blended-learning courses including MSc Financial Management, MA Educational Leadership in Practice.
- The China Centre won the Tencent Education “China Business Education Benchmark Award of 2022", “Global Talent Development Star Institution of the Year " in 2021, and “Most Valued Brand of Business Education” in 2020.
- The Manchester Global MBA was voted the ‘The Most Innovative MBA’ by The Best Education of China from 2016 to 2018
- For the past four years, the China Centre has received ‘The Best Education of China Award’ from China Internet News Center
- The Centre has an active corporate social responsibility programme, with activities such as the Bright Eye Project and Egg Walkathon campaign
- In 2017, 'Manchester Cloud (Mcloud)' was officially launched, affiliated to the China Centre and the Manchester-China Forum. Mcloud links Chinese and British government organisations and Sino-UK talents in the fields of business, culture, art, education and science.
- The region has eight different alumni clubs tailored for various industries including healthcare, marketing, telecommunications and entrepreneurship
- The China Centre is bringing more online/blended-learning masters' courses to China to benefit more working professionals from difference industry backgrounds including finance, fashion and education
China Centre programmes
Two-year part-time blended learning MBA for executives from across China. Includes workshop residencies for core courses at our China centre; for elective courses you can travel to any global centre. We offer an accelerated 18-month programme for finance professionals. Discover more about the Global MBA >>
MSc Financial Management
Global Executive MBA
An 18-month accelerated pathway of the Global MBA for some of our most senior MBA candidates. Candidates attend four core workshop residentials as a cohort in Manchester, Dubai and Hong Kong, then choose electives with workshops at any of our global centres. Discover more about the Global Executive MBA >>
Strategic Talent Partnerships
Partner with us to access over 50 years of experience and expertise that spans multiple sectors. We collaborate closely with our partners to develop and implement bespoke packages to suit individual requirements. Our experts can help you:
- Develop employees that think differently
- Recruit the brightest talent
- Address a specific business challenge
- Transform working practices
- Motivate employees
- Boost performance
China Centre Strategic Talent Partners
- Chongqing Industrial Park
- Chongqing Talent Market
- FESCO Adecco
- Zhongrong International
From courses to consultancy, we offer a range of programmes and services which can be tailored to meet your needs. Click an option below to explore and find out more:
- Executive Education: Short courses for executives that develop skills in a specific area, such as leadership or strategy.
- Executive Education customised programmes: Tailored training solutions, co-created with clients, which draw on relevant expertise from across the School and the wider University to address specific organisational development requirements.
- Sponsored MBA: Sponsor individual employees on our Global Part-time MBA programme.
- Customised MBA: Design a corporate MBA for a closed cohort of employees.
- Postgraduate Careers Service: Recruit the brightest business graduates from our MSc and MBA programmes for a full-time role or internship.
- MBA consultancy projects: Hire an international group of Full-time MBA students as external consultants to solve a live business challenge.
- Sponsorship and partnerships: Associate your brand with a prestigious business school by sponsoring one of our corporate events or a student competition.
Full-time MBA Shanghai Study Tour
One-week study tour for our Full-time MBA candidates who travel from Manchester to attend a three-day workshop on international business alongside more experienced Global MBA candidates. The study tour also includes company visits and networking opportunities. Discover more about the Manchester Full-time MBA >>
China Centre success stories
Sharon Du, HR Director, AstraZeneca China Operations
"I decided to do an MBA because after so many years in a management position, I wanted to refresh and recharge my management knowledge. I wanted to broaden my network to know more people from different industries, and I also wanted to set a good example of continuous improvement to my son.
I chose AMBS because it offers interactive workshops, impressive professors and a very diverse network, as well as overseas study. I leveraged this study opportunity and stayed in the UK for three months. Apart from studying, I went on several visits to Astra Zeneca facilities in Europe and did an exciting talent project in our Commercial International Region.
In the workshops, I had the opportunity to meet people from different industries and cultural backgrounds, so the group study was very exciting. We had different discussions and perspectives but still we collaborated well.
I definitely think the MBA study benefitted me at work. Although I did not change my job or company, I have a broader view and I think more strategically, so I can really formulate and drive the people strategy for the business.
I think AMBS is a very good choice because it has a comprehensive and established MBA programme strong academic capabilities and diverse alumni accumulated over the years. The study centres all over the world are also very attractive."
Jiawei Sun, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, Huawei Technologies
Global MBA 2014
“During my MBA I progressed from senior manager at an SME to vice president at an MNC. The programme opened my eyes to different ways of doing business and I gained new perspectives on myself and the global business world. I also built up systematic knowledge of business management and a wide personal and professional network. Studying the Global Part-time MBA at Alliance MBS is a really good investment.”
Seamon Shi, Founder & CEO, IntraMirror
Global MBA Finance 2014
“With more than enough choice for customers, the global giants have to adapt to survive. Chinese consumer culture is very different to the western market. Companies need to be localised and quick decisions need to be made in China. You can’t wait two weeks for the headquarters in Europe to approve them. I believe that my MBA has helped give me that competitive advantage.
“My MBA gave me a wider vision of how business works – it upgraded me to the next level. Chinese education relies on listening in class every day with a test at the end to see what you have learned, but the Manchester MBA model of utilising your free time to study is more interesting, inspiring and motivating.”
Dr Jian Li, Principal, Healthcare Business, AWS Greater China (Amazon), Global MBA 2011
“AMBS Global MBA is a best choice for you if you want to pursue a prestigious part-time MBA programme without disrupting your current career.
The strategic analysis tools, deep business insights and critical thinking I learned from AMBS benefited me in my daily work.
This Global MBA helped me a lot on accelerating my career growth and switching from a senior scientist at Philips to a healthcare industry leader with strong business acumen and skillset.
Without the MBA, I wouldn't have experienced those exciting roles including marketing manager, product manager, BD director and BU head at top Multi National Companies.
The blended learning experience at AMBS impressed me so much that until today I still recall those Study Group days! They were so inspiring, challenging and fun!
The MBA journey really refreshed my way of thinking, empowered me in many ways and rendered me a competitive career advantage.
For me, having a PhD from Peking University and MBA from AMBS is something to be really proud of.”
General Manager, Wärtsilä China, Manchester Global MBA, Class of 2021
I moved to Asia in 2009, initially I went to South Korea and during the past 4 years I’ve been working in China.
As I started to take roles with more responsibilities from a small team to be in management of more than 100 staff, I began to think of pursing an MBA to fulfil my business and management knowledge.
The Manchester MBA provided me with a lot of positive opportunities and possibilities. It has opened my mind to understand much better the soft part of a business, the strategies to use, how you should develop your team, marketing operations, organizational behaviour, financial analysis, decision making etc.
“Start it today or never start it” – if you are interested in doing an MBA, my advice is to apply now.
Engineering Director, Trane Technologies, Global MBA Class of 2015
“It was such a great challenge for me to pursue the MBA but no doubt the experience has helped me grow.
I still remember clearly the graduation trip with my classmates – full of tears of joy.
Seven years since my graduation from the Global MBA, I’m very happy to see my son has started his study journey at Alliance Manchester Business School with MSc Financial Management.”