The visiting researcher programme at the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research is open to researchers who are employed in Universities and appropriate organisations, who wish to spend a period of time in Manchester working at the Institute on their own research. Researchers are appointed an academic advisor for their study with us.
You need to identify an appropriate academic staff member who wishes to host your research visit and who might share your research interest. A full list of MIOIR staff can be found on the MIOIR website.
Download the application form >>
Completed application form and a current CV should be returned to Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Visitors can attend for a period between 1 and 12 months as part of one visit.
A bench fee to cover university costs is applicable for a research stay; the current rate for Academic Visitors is £5400 per year.
Doctoral Visiting students
We have a particular procedure for individuals wishing to come to Alliance Manchester Business School as Visiting Students. You are required to identify a particular academic at AMBS with whom you would wish to work with during your visit and receive their agreement to supervise you for that time. For information about our academics, you can search in our online Academic Staff Directory: https://www.alliancembs.manchester.ac.uk/our-people/
If you make a positive contact with someone, you then need to make a full application to the School (meeting the same entry requirements as a normal PhD applicant), follow the 2-tier application procedures set-out below dependent on the duration of the visit.
Visits of up to 2 months’ duration
Your application would need to consist of:
On the application form, you need to select PhD Business & Management and in the research section of the form you must indicate that this for Visit Only, proposed supervisor’s name and proposed start and end dates for the visit
- ‘Confirmation of Studies’ from home institution, confirming the start date of their PhD Studies, their current stage of study, and their agreement to the student visiting AMBS
- Statement of Research Plan and Intentions including justification confirming the connection between AMBS Expertise and facilities to enable student to undertake their research work/research project
- Letter of Support from Home Supervisor This must be on the official letter-headed paper of their institution, be freshly dated and bear their signature.
- An Official sponsor letter (if the student is in receipt of an official scholarship that covers the Visit)
Visits of 2 to 12 months’ duration
Your application would need to consist of all of the above items along with:
- 1500-word Research Proposal
- Degree certificates and grade transcripts of all previous degree qualifications you have been awarded (these documents must be written in English)
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE English Language test result (if applicable)
For information: Fees are payable for Visiting Students at Band 1, current rate is £4,750 per year.
Queries: Please contact Lynne Barlow-Cheetham (email@example.com)