4-5 November, Manchester Central
Alliance MBS’ 50th Anniversary Professor of Organisational Psychology and Health, Professor Sir Cary Cooper, will join some of the biggest names in HR to speak at the CIPD Annual Conference next week. Cary’s key note will look at mental capital and wellbeing at work; and bridging the productivity gap.
As governments and businesses across the world are highlighting and measuring wellbeing, the issue of human and mental capital has grown. A large portion of the productivity gap that we are increasingly hearing about is frequently attributed to an under than socially and interpersonally skilled managerial workforce. Professor Cooper will explore these issues to find bold HR solutions that enhance mental capital, including:
- the consequences of poor mental wellbeing and stress in the workplace
- exploring the differences between absenteeism and presenteeism
- the impact of the recession on employees and the culture within organisations
- the major causes of workplace stress and depleted mental wellbeing
- policies and interventions that attempt to enhance wellbeing and reduce ill health effects amongst our workforce.
Find out about executive education at Alliance Manchester Business School on stand D100 at the conference.